Arduino’s mission is to enable people to enhance their lives through accessible open-source electronics and digital technologies. Since 2005, millions of people, from kids and students to engineers and professionals around the world are using Arduino to innovate in the fields of music, games and toys, smart homes, farming, autonomous vehicles and many more.
Arduino Design Team is looking for a passionate UX Lead to build together amazing digital products plus end-to-end experiences. You will create the vision and oversee the quality of our digital experience together with other digital designers to make sure everything connects seamlessly and smoothly! You'll join a super skilled team made of designers from all around the world. This position refers to the Turin (Italy) headquarters and the candidate needs to be eligible to work in Italy.
Show us what you got! Submit your CV and portfolio with relevant work samples, your role and contribution. Applications without a portfolio are a no-go.
What we offer
- An exciting career path in a rapidly growing company with modern vision and talented teams.
- A young and inspiring work environment that encourages diversity and cultural exchange.
- Individual growth objectives with a dedicated budget for learning/training.
- Flexible working hours and working locations, we value work-life balance.
- A meaningful work opportunity in a mission-driven company committed to empower people around the world.
And if you live near one of our offices…
- Ping pong and foosball tournaments (sport or gym benefit is also included for everyone).
- Seasonal celebrations, happy hours, drinks and snacks at the office.
- Sunny rooftop lunch breaks with hamacas for relaxation and concentration.
What you’ll work on
- Understand goals, business requirements and constraints, market opportunities and user needs to help define opportunity areas and experience requirements, together with product owners.
- Support the definition of new products, services and experiences' value propositions and implementation roadmaps, together with the team lead.
- Map existing and to-be experiences, across both front and back office and actors involved.
- Support UX researchers in conducting quantitative and qualitative studies.
- Design wireframes, screens, and prototypes to illustrate product behaviour along defined used cases.
- Lead, mentor and inspire other digital designers from different SCRUM teams to ensure the high quality and coherence of our digital experience.
- Engage the team in design critique sessions for feedback sharing.
- Collaborate to our design system.
- Helping establish an inclusive, collaborative and creative team culture.
What you bring
- 7+ years of work experience on User Experience.
- At least 2 years of work experience leading other designers.
- Energy: passion and enthusiasm for user experience and design.
- You’ve already worked collaboratively with other Product Owners, Project Managers, Design Leads and Developers before.
- You’ve done these in the past: mentoring other peers, benchmarking, stakeholder validation, user journeys, user-flows, blueprints, ecosystem maps, wire-framing, IA, mockups & prototypes.
- You have experience designing complex digital products
- You’re comfortable delivering in a complex stakeholder environment
- A curious and creative mind.
- Team player skills: you love to work on a team and are open to feedback!
- Familiarity with SCRUM, Agile or Design Sprint methodologies.
- Education in Design, HCD, User Experience Design, Interaction Design or related area.
- Knowledge in Arduino or similar electronics.
- Experience in the IoT field.