Arduino’s mission is to enable people to enhance their lives through accessible open-source electronics and digital technologies. Since 2005, millions of people, from kids and students to engineers and professionals around the world are using Arduino to innovate in the fields of music, games and toys, smart homes, farming, autonomous vehicles and many more.
The Arduino Design Team is looking for a passionate mid-weight UX/UI Designer to build together amazing digital products. You have a hybrid profile between UX and UI. You’re able to empathise with the users, as well as design to meet business needs - while crafting usable interfaces with a keen visual eye! You'll join a super skilled inclusive team made of product managers, designers, developers and engineers from all around the world.
Show us what you got! Submit your CV and portfolio with relevant work samples, your role and contribution. Applications without a portfolio are a no-go. This position’s location is flexible, but refers to the Turin (Italy) headquarters and the candidate needs to be eligible to work in Italy.
What we offer
• An exciting career path in a rapidly growing company with modern vision and talented teams.
• A young and inspiring work environment that encourages diversity and cultural exchange.
• Individual growth objectives with a dedicated budget for learning/training.
• Flexible working hours and working locations, we value work-life balance.
• A meaningful work opportunity in a mission-driven company committed to empower people around the world.
And if you live near one of our offices…
• Ping pong and foosball tournaments (sport or gym benefit is also included for everyone).
• Seasonal celebrations, happy hours, drinks and snacks at the office.
• Sunny rooftop lunch breaks with hamacas for relaxation and concentration.
What you’ll work on
• Design new digital experiences for our worldwide community together with other passionate designers and developers.
• Challenge the status quo of our existing digital ecosystem to improve user experience and align it to business needs.
• Contribute to the design system to keep the team aligned and growing together.
• Deliver value through a strong collaborative approach, contributing finding creative solutions to enhance Arduino cloud applications and tools.
What you bring
• 2 to 4 years of work experience on cross team projects.
• Energy: passion and enthusiasm for user experience and design.
• You’ve already worked with other UX, UI Designers and developers before.
• You’ve done some of these in the past: benchmarking, user-flows, wire-framing, IA, mockups & prototypes.
• You work on Figma or can’t wait to make a switch.
• A strong digital product design orientation.
• A curious and creative mind.
• Team player skills: you love to work on a team and are open to feedback!
• Familiarity with SCRUM, Agile or Design Sprint methodologies.
• Education in Design, HCD, User Experience Design, Interaction Design or related area.
• Knowledge in Arduino or similar electronics.
• Experience in the IoT field.
Arduino pioneered the open-source hardware movement since 2005 and is today the de facto standard in the field of microcontrollers based development boards. Hundreds of thousands of designers, engineers, students, developers, and makers around the world are using Arduino to innovate in music, games, toys, smart homes, farming, autonomous vehicles, and more. We offer a complete journey to customers, from learning embedded programming and electronics to deploying professional end-to-end solutions composed of hardware, software, and IoT SaaS services.