Arduino is looking for a Back-End Developer in the R&D department to improve and maintain Arduino’s web applications and cloud infrastructure. Activities will include:
- Developing and maintaining microservices using state-of-the-art technologies
- Performing technical analysis, architecture definition and software implementation
- Collaborating with front-end developers and other team members to design cohesive code providing great user experience
- Contributing finding solutions to enhance Arduino applications and tools
You will join a small and inclusive team of technology specialists from different backgrounds and roles, collaborating in designing and development of advanced solutions to improve the Arduino ecosystem.
- Software design and implementation
- Building reusable code and libraries
- Optimization of applications for performance and scalability
- Troubleshooting, debugging and test automation
- 3+ years of software development work experience.
- Strong knowledge of REST API, JSON and similar protocols/tools
- Experience in developing back-end applications
- Experience with serverless computing
- Experience with build and versioning tools
Preferred qualifications and Bonus points:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or other technical related fields
- Experience in developing Go Language applications
- Experience in developing Python applications
- Experience with AWS (IAM, CloudFormation, S3, ELB)
- Experience with AWS managed services (DynamoDB, Kinesis, SQS, SNS)
- Experience with AWS serverless computing (API Gateway, Lambda, Step Functions)
- Good understanding of best practices of building cross-os applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English and Italian)
- Bonus point: Knowledge of Arduino and Embedded Programming
- Bonus point: Experience in the IoT field or with IoT protocols
- Bonus point: Experience with Microservices/Kubernetes
How to apply
If you feel you meet these requirements, we would love to hear from you! An introduction letter would be also great for us to better understand your motivations and why you would like to work with us. Click on the link and submit your CV today!
Arduino pioneered the open-source hardware movement since 2005 and is today the de facto standard in the field of microcontrollers based development boards. Hundreds of thousands of designers, engineers, students, developers, and makers around the world are using Arduino to innovate in music, games, toys, smart homes, farming, autonomous vehicles, and more. We offer a complete journey to customers, from learning embedded programming and electronics to deploying professional end-to-end solutions composed of hardware, software, and IoT SaaS services.