Arduino Pro is disrupting the way IoT and AI on the edge are adopted by Enterprises.
From lab prototyping to series production, we offer a full portfolio of open, powerful and simple end-to-end technologies, enabling a wide range of professional applications.
To support our growth, we are looking for Senior Application Firmware Engineers to join our Content Development team. You will design, develop, test and document firmware application libraries or microcontrollers / microprocessors used in Arduino platforms. If you have profound knowledge in API design, you love to write clean code, that is understandable, reusable and testable, and you see writing documentation not just as a tedious task but as a valuable opportunity, this position is for you.
What we offer
- A challenging career path in a rapidly growing company with modern vision and talented teams.
- A competitive salary (and benefits) that values people skills and experience.
- A young and inspiring work environment that encourages diversity and cultural exchange.
- Individual growth objectives with a dedicated budget for learning/training.
- Flexible working hours and working locations, we value work-life balance!
- A work opportunity in a mission-driven company committed to empower people around the world.
And if you live near one of our offices…
- Ping pong and football tournaments (sport or gym benefit is also included for everyone!).
- Seasonal celebrations, happy hours and everyday drinks and snacks at the office.
- Sunny rooftop lunch breaks and hamacas for relaxation and concentration.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug embedded software (C++, C)
- Ensure library standardization and usability
- Prototype a product solution from research to production
- Document library API in a consistent way with a focus on knowledge transfer
- Most of the code will be open-source, we require high quality when coding and documenting
- Maintain and improve existing code
- Unit-testing code
- Represent Arduino at internal / external events and share our spirit with the developer community
- Collaborate with R&D HW/FW design team and with Product Managers
- Review firmware / API designs
- Review system level hardware designs
Skills & Requirements
- Firmware and libraries development (C, C++, Python, MicroPython), 5+ years of experience, JTAG and other debugging tools (gdb/valgrind) Linux kernel or userspace programming
- Hardware debugging
- Broad knowledge of git flow, Knowledge of the Arduino ecosystem is definitely a plus as well as experience in Golang and/or Python
- Preferably but not required: IoT Protocols (MQTT, CoAP, HTTP, TCP, UDP, AMQP and Github knowledge)
- Fluent in English both verbal and written required
- Able to write high quality technical documentation in English
- Educational experience is a plus (e.g. teaching courses, writing tutorials etc.)
Arduino pioneered the open-source hardware movement since 2005 and is today the de facto standard in the field of microcontrollers based development boards. Hundreds of thousands of designers, engineers, students, developers, and makers around the world are using Arduino to innovate in music, games, toys, smart homes, farming, autonomous vehicles, and more. We offer a complete journey to customers, from learning embedded programming and electronics to deploying professional end-to-end solutions composed of hardware, software, and IoT SaaS services.