Arduino’s mission is to enable people to enhance their lives through accessible open-source electronics and digital technologies. Since 2005, millions of people, from kids and students to engineers and professionals around the world are using Arduino to innovate in the fields of music, games and toys, smart homes, farming, autonomous vehicles and many more.
We are now looking for a highly talented and motivated DevOps Engineer to help us build the Arduino tools for the next decade. Ideal candidate is a curious person who loves experimenting with new technologies but understands the importance of stable and reliable products.
In this very high impact role you will join a high profile team, with people from very different tech backgrounds including from creative technology specialists to backend and devops engineers, collaborating all together to build and maintain the Arduino Cloud applications portfolio.
What we offer
- A challenging career path in a rapidly growing company with modern vision and talented teams.
- A competitive salary (and benefits) that values people skills and experience.
- A young and inspiring work environment that encourages diversity and cultural exchange.
- Individual growth objectives with a dedicated budget for learning/training.
- Flexible working hours and working locations, we value work-life balance!
- A work opportunity in a mission-driven company committed to empower people around the world.
And if you live near one of our offices…
- Ping pong and foosball tournaments (sport or gym benefit is also included for everyone!).
- Seasonal celebrations, happy hours and everyday drinks and snacks at the office.
- Sunny rooftop lunch breaks and hamacas for relaxation and concentration.
What you'll work on
You will be part of a team of talented engineers in charge of:
- building CI/CD pipelines for our applications
- developing internal tooling and systems that help daily work of our Dev teams, on top of Cloud services, Kubernetes, Terraform
- incident response and remediation
- improving reliability, security and robustness of our services
Your responsibilities will range between:
- Collaborate effectively with other team members and stakeholders from different technical backgrounds
- Contribute proactively to maintain a transparent and positive environment inside the team
- Develop shared tools and libraries to accelerate development teams
- Infrastructure management on AWS and GCP using an Infrastructure As Code approach.
- CI/CD pipeline management.
- incident response handling, on-call rotation implementing SLO/SLA policies
- Provide subject matter expertise in architecture, system and networking design.
- Improve observability for applications and infrastructure.
What you bring
- BS/MS in Computer Science or other technical related fields
- 3-5 years of DevOps working experience.
- Working experience with AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, Networking)
- Working experience with Linux OS and shell scripting
- Working experience with production-ready Kubernetes cluster administration
- Expertise with Git and GitHub
- Experience with CI frameworks such as Github Actions
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Ansible
- High motivation and interest in pushing the boundaries of current technologies.
- Good understanding of security and performance optimization concepts
- Experience with Arduino or other microcontrollers
- Experience with additional AWS services like: Kinesis, DynamoDB, EKS, Lambda
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Expertise with the Go (Golang) or Python programming language
- Experience managing High Availability clusters
- Working knowledge of Auth0, Cloudflare
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and network services such as DNS, SMTP, etc.
If you're excited about this role or about our company but your experience doesn't align perfectly with the points outlined above, we strongly encourage you to apply anyways. If we feel you don’t fit for this job we may have something else for you!