Senior DevOps Engineer
Arduino is seeking a highly talented and motivated DevOps Engineer to help us build the Arduino tools for the next decade.
The DevOps Engineer is a high impact role with a high profile small and expanding team, offering the opportunity to work with the latest technologies.
The ideal candidate is a curious person who loves experimenting with new technologies but understands the importance of stable and reliable products.
You will join a small but fierce agile team with people from very different tech backgrounds including:
- Creative Technologists
- Backend Developers
- Frontend Developers
- DevOps Engineers
You will collaborate together to build and maintain the Arduino Cloud applications portfolio.
Activities will include:
- building CI/CD pipelines for our applications
- developing internal tooling and systems that help daily work of our Dev teams, on top of Cloud services, Kubernetes, Terraform
- incident response and remediation
- improving reliability, security and robustness of our services
- Collaborate effectively with other team members and stakeholders from different technical backgrounds
- Contribute proactively to maintain a transparent and positive environment inside the team
- Develop shared tools and libraries to accelerate development teams
- Infrastructure management on AWS and GCP using an Infrastructure As Code approach.
- CI/CD pipeline management.
- incident response handling, on-call rotation implementing SLO/SLA policies
- Provide subject matter expertise in architecture, system and networking design.
- Improve observability for applications and infrastructure.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 Years of experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in written and oral communication in English
- Working experience with AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, Networking)
- Working experience with Linux OS and shell scripting
- Working experience with production-ready Kubernetes cluster administration
- Expertise with Git and GitHub
- Experience with CI frameworks such as Github Actions
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Ansible
- Experience with Arduino or other microcontrollers
- Experience with additional AWS services like: Kinesis, DynamoDB, EKS, Lambda
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Expertise with the Go (Golang) or Python programming language
- Experience managing High Availability clusters
- Working knowledge of Auth0, Cloudflare
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and network services such as DNS, SMTP, etc.
- Previous experience in remote teams
Turin, Italy or Remote (Europe only)
Arduino pioneered the open-source hardware movement since 2005 and is today the de facto standard in the field of microcontrollers based development boards. Hundreds of thousands of designers, engineers, students, developers, and makers around the world are using Arduino to innovate in music, games, toys, smart homes, farming, autonomous vehicles, and more. We offer a complete journey to customers, from learning embedded programming and electronics to deploying professional end-to-end solutions composed of hardware, software, and IoT SaaS services.