We are looking for a Junior Firmware Engineer to increase our R&D team. This position will be based in Turin, Italy. This person will be trained to design, develop and test firmware and libraries for microcontrollers used in Arduino or other embedded platforms (e.g. Yocto, Raspberry, etc.)
EU Work Permit is needed to apply for this position
- Design, develop, code, test and debug embedded software (C++ mainly).
- Help prototyping and testing new products before the release to production.
- Most of the code will be open-source, we require you to be enthusiastic in sharing your code and documentation.
- Continuously maintaining and improving the code you wrote or review community-created code.
- Support users by using our online channels (forum, GitHub, etc.).
- Collaborate with the hardware design team.
Skills & Requirements
- C/C++ knowledge to learn how to write Firmware and libraries for Arduino.
- Passionate about Linux.
- Knowledge of Arduino is a big plus!
- Hacking with Electronics, show us your projects.
- Arduino ecosystem member (forum, libraries, community, etc.).
- Tools: gcc, g++, git.
- IoT passion (MQTT, CoAP, HTTP, TCP, UDP, AMQP, nice to have).
- Github knowledge is a big plus.
How to apply
If you feel you meet these requirements, we would love to hear from you! An introduction letter would be also great for us to better understand your motivations and why you would like to work with us.
Do not worry if you do not have all the skills or requirements, we are looking for a Junior developer, apply if you are interested and you are either a Firmware Engineer, an Electronics Engineer or anything related.