Arduino’s mission is to enable people to enhance their lives through accessible open-source electronics and digital technologies. Since 2005, millions of people, from kids and students to engineers and professionals around the world are using Arduino to innovate in the fields of music, games and toys, smart homes, farming, autonomous vehicles and many more.
We are now looking for an experienced QA Engineer to join the Arduino Cloud and Software team to help us ensure we are able to consistently deploy high-quality web applications. You will be responsible for all software to meet both internal and external specifications, as well as satisfy user needs before product delivery. We firmly believe in high standards of excellence and that’s why we are strongly convinced by the importance of this role in our company.
What we offer
- A challenging career path in a rapidly growing company with modern vision and talented teams.
- A competitive salary that values people skills and experience.
- A young and inspiring work environment that encourages diversity and cultural exchange.
- Individual growth objectives with a dedicated budget for learning/training.
- Flexible working hours and working locations, we value work-life balance!
- A meaningful work opportunity in a mission-driven company committed to empower people around the world.
And if you live near one of our offices…
- Ping pong and foosball tournaments (sport or gym benefit is also included for everyone!).
- Seasonal celebrations, happy hours and everyday drinks and snacks at the office.
- Sunny rooftop lunch breaks and hamacas for relaxation and concentration.
What you'll work on
You will be part of a team of talented engineers in charge of developing and maintaining the Arduino cloud ecosystem of applications. As part of this job you will be in charge of:
- Contribute to all stages of the product development and deployment lifecycle, writing and performing manual test cases to verify software status and quality.
- Document quality assurance activities, define test cases and expected results, so that others can help perform manual testing.
- Perform exploratory testing to identify opportunities to build our confidence in releasing our software products.
- Ensure detailed and descriptive bug tickets smoothing the way for technical investigation.
- Manage software requirements and external issues reports keeping bug tracking tools clean and properly sorted.
- Write automated test cases to support continuous no-regression testing.
- Deliver value through a strong collaborative approach, contributing to finding creative solutions to enhance the quality of Arduino cloud applications and tools.
What you bring
- BS/MS in Computer Science or other technical related fields
- 4+ years of experience in creating and executing test plans and test cases.
- Have a deep understanding of QA methodologies and tools.
- Experience in addressing proper issues prioritization
- Experience with Git / Github or other version control tools.
- High motivation and interest in reaching top quality standards in software development.
- Experience in backend API testing using Postman/Newman or similar tools
- Knowledge of Arduino and Embedded Programming
- Knowledge of software security guidelines or experience in security testing
- Experience in the IoT field or with IoT protocols
If you're excited about this role or about our company but your experience doesn't align perfectly with the points outlined above, we strongly encourage you to apply anyways. If we feel you don’t fit for this job we may have something else for you!
Arduino pioneered the open-source hardware movement since 2005 and is today the de facto standard in the field of microcontrollers based development boards. Hundreds of thousands of designers, engineers, students, developers, and makers around the world are using Arduino to innovate in music, games, toys, smart homes, farming, autonomous vehicles, and more. We offer a complete journey to customers, from learning embedded programming and electronics to deploying professional end-to-end solutions composed of hardware, software, and IoT SaaS services.